GINSBURG Anwaltsbüro
  Sie haben Recht!

Recognition of foreign professional qualification for Medical workers

Have you finished your studies abroad as a nurse? Do you have work experience and would like to move to Germany? We can help you apply for a residents permit allowing you to get your qualifications recognized.

Medical workers are part of regulated Professions. This means that entering Germany to work as a nurse requires separate documentation and permission including a preliminary approval from the federal employment agency. Nurses that have acquired professional qualifications abroad must first have their qualifications recognized in Germany. The applicant is issued a residents permit which allows them to gain experience in a German hospital, learn the language and take the recognition examination. After successfully completing the recognition, you can then apply for a residence permit to work as a nurse in Germany.